RYP - Reaching Young People and Creation of DYPCC
Location: Kishangnaj, Muzaffarpur, Vaishali of Bihar
Partner: UNICEF, Bihar
About the Project
The purpose of RYP is:
- To reach 2,000 adolescents and youths in out of school and unorganised set up in each Kishanganj, Vaishali and Muzaffarpur districts of Bihar in order to increase their awareness and information on HIVby 2011.
- Identifyleadersfrom amongst members of Red Ribbon Club’s and form DYPCC – District Young People Coordination Committee, a district level forum of Information Exchange on not just HIV but other youth related issues for example – trafficking, early marriage, child rights and many more.
- Increased general and sexual health information;
- Adoption of health-seeking behaviour and positive gender perspectives;
- Skills and leadership, support networks and necessary enabling environments will be created;
- Increased community capacity, recognition and response to young people;
- Increased advocacy, sharing of experiences and networking on various youth related issues;
- Creation of DYPCC – a district level forum for young people.
|Identified Segments||Segment-wise Break-up of Identified Out of School Youth|
|Youth in and around railway platform||137|
|Youth in and around bus stand||193|
|Youth in and around red light area (data Kambal Shah)||49|
|Working in brick kilns||1453|
|Market place or haat||1086|
|Youth (female) indulged in sexual activities (away from the red light area and home-based, agreement with their male partners ) in the intervention villages||819|
|Youth in and around country liquor vendors||205|